A couple of weeks ago, I was thrilled and honoured to receive a nomination for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award from the lovely Natalie over at Threads and Bobbins! This is my first award! Thank you so much for the nomination, Natalie. I really enjoy your blog too – your handmade outfits are super stylish, and I’m so inspired by the way you structure your personal sewing goals (and other general, daily-life goals!) and document your achievements. It is so nice to be recognised by a fellow blogger for my own achievements, knowing that people have actually read and enjoyed something I have posted. Anyone can read Natalie’s lovely VIBA post here.
So what is the Award? I couldn’t find where or when it originated, but basically it is an award given from bloggers to fellow bloggers in order to recognise their efforts in “keeping the blogosphere a beautiful place”. I think this is a lovely idea – not only does it make the awardee feel all warm and fuzzy (thanks Natalie!), it spreads around a bunch of inspiring blogs for readers who might not have heard of them before. As well as that, it shares some information about the human behind the blog posts, so you get to actually learn a bit more about them other than just a sewer, or just a writer, or whatever they exhibit in their blogs. It’s all round a positive thing so let’s keep it rolling 🙂
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Display the award logo in a blog entry.
- List the award guidelines so your nominees will know what to do.
- State 7 hidden facts about yourself OR 3 things that inspire you.
- Nominate other blogger friends for the award.
So, seven facts about me:
1. I have been married for exactly one month and seven days! Still getting used to saying “my husband” but I love it. 10/10 happiness!
2. I am a real greenie, and I try to limit my impact on the planet and try to encourage the same in others. We only have one Earth! I love bush-walking and being close to nature.
3. I am a Star Wars fan (nerd alert)! We have recently rewatched all the moves chronologically and I can’t wait for the next one to come out later this year! Whoop!
4. I love reading; immersing myself in a good book is such a luxury. I haven’t given myself much time to do that lately. The book I am currently reading is Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett.
5. I have an Honours degree in Environmental Science and my thesis was on Soil Chemistry. Bit different from the arty, crafty side of this blog, huh? Our planet’s soils are precious, guys! Also, 2015 is the International Year of Soils so get amongst that 😉
6. I can play piano, and used to teach piano throughout uni. Again, something I don’t give myself much time to enjoy these days but I really should get back into it. I love playing (and listening to) classical music.
7. I am always tempting fate at home, and I’m always getting busted for leaving my phone next to the sink, or passing cups of tea over laptops, or leaving the iron on… I’m yet to cause a disaster though! It’s not intentional, it’s just me being “efficient”.
And finally, my nominees:
I would love to nominate the following three bloggers:
1. Lucie from Love, Lucie. Lucie’s blog was one of the first I discovered when I started blogging and I’m constantly impressed by her neat work and her stylish dresses. She’s a lady of many talents!
2. Trish from Trish Stitched. Trish is a super amazing handbag maker, which she sells on Etsy, and she makes some of her own clothes too! She recently had her first stall at a craft show and really shows us that hard work and dedication can help you achieve your goals.
3. Pips from the girl in the teacup. Her writing just oozes happiness and a real, organic, down-to-earth honesty. She finds the small things in life and really appreciates them. She has a lovely sense of style, colour, and dress, and builds her handmade wardrobe around a unique style of femininity and flattering shapes. A real inspiration to me.
I hope you enjoy reading these lovely ladies’ blogs as much as I do. I love how easy it is to connect with such inspiring people from all around the world thanks to this blogging platform. It would be wonderful to meet them in person one day! Thanks again to Natalie for making me feel special with this nomination. Until next time!