Him: “Let’s bake something.”
Me: “Choc chip cookies?”
Him: “Or… super chocolate cookies like last time?”
Me: “Yeah, okay, but better.”
Result: invented recipe for the best-textured and most amazingly-flavoured cookies ever. Seriously. You should make these in your next spare half hour. We pretty much just combined the last two cookie recipes I posted here and here, chucking in a bit of extra this and that.
- 125 g butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 cups SR flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup choc chips
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- Mix butter, sugar, and vanilla essence well in a large bowl.
- Add the egg. Mix with a wooden spoon until really sloppy-looking.
- Add 1 cup of sifted flour, the cocoa, and the choc chips. Mix real good.
- Add the rest of the flour because the first bit wasn’t enough.
- Mixmixmix. It should become deliciously smooth and almost creamy-looking.
- Roll into balls, flatten slightly onto baking paper-covered tray, and bake at 180 degrees C for 12 minutes max.
You’re welcome 😉