An old favourite, these are soft and melty and popular with just about everyone. The recipe is taken and modified slightly from an ancient cookbook that came with a Sunbeam food processor some time in the late 80s/early 90s. The food processor is long gone, but the wonderful recipe lives on!
I’ve always made these with a food processor, but if you don’t have one I imagine electric beaters would do the trick just as well.
- 2 cups SR flour
- 1/2 cup cooking margarine, softened and chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped (or choc chips)
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 180 and line cookie tray with baking paper
- Process margarine, sugar, egg and vanilla until thoroughly mixed
- Scrape mixture into a large bowl
- Stir in flour and chocolate, mix it all up
- Roll into small balls and press onto the tray
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until the cookies start to turn golden.